Start location details were sent to everyone who signed up for a route. Anyone is welcome to join the Hollywood or Arroyo Seco Metro routes, just be sure to get your all day metro pass.
Ho ho ho: Hollywood, 11am
Santa will convene for Saturday Brunch at two locations extremely convenient to the Hollywood/Highland Metro Red Line Stop. Choose between Mel's Drive-In, 1650 N Highland Avenue and Hooters Hollywood, 6922 Hollywood Blvd. Mel's has promised Santa weekday lunch specials even though it's Saturday. Hooters has promised Santa 20% off food.
Arroyo Santa's Secret Start Point, 11am
Central Park in Old Town Pasadena
(next to the Del Mar Gold line stop)
nearest cross streets: Fair Oaks Ave and Del Mar Blvd.
Redondo Beach Pier 655 North Harbor Drive, Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
12 Noon: Hermosa Beach Pier
Some Notes about the 'Con.
1. METRO DAY PASS.Hollywood Santa rides the Los Angeles Metro System. Please buy a Metro Day Pass in advance.Santa does not miss trains because he is 100 deep in line at the Metro vending machine.
2. MEETING 11AM (or 10:30) at your respective start location.
3. TWITTER FOR LATE, LOST, INCAPACITATED SANTA If you can't get to the start locations by 11am, you can catch up with Santa on twitter. http://twitter.com/lasanta
4. SONG BOOK Santa Sings. Print out the linked Santacon Song Book. Maybe print an extra or two for forgetful and printerless Santa. There are some other fun things for Santa to print http://www.plaidtherapy.com/santa
5. ATTIRE You must come in holiday attire. A Santa hat is not enough. There are $10 Santa suits on Wall Street in the Toy District of downtown and Hollywood Costume usually has Santa Suits for about $45. Sexy Santa outfits were just down the street at Bizzy B's on Hollywood Blvd.
7. THE RULES Remember to follow the rules: http://www.heathervescent.com/santacon/the-rules.html
Small bills for tipping bartenders are always helpful.
If Santa's on a budget, bring a flask and your own beverage but be discrete.
You are welcome to bring cameras and document your Santacon experienceas you wish. Remember, you're a participant.
Official press are frowned upon, but they do seem to find and love Santa.
The route unfolds. You will not be told where Santa is going untilSanta is going there.
Twitter feed can be monitored, and Santa like sto surprise. Stay with the red tide.
Bring things to give away and share with others.
Santacon has become the Cacophony Society's most popular event. Cacophonists are “a randomly gathered network of free spirits united in the pursuit of experiences beyond the pale of mainstream society.” (Read more at :: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cacophony_Society). Santacon is not something you go to watch. You attend Santacon as a participant. You are the art. The city is our canvas. (You are also responsible for your own behavior.)
All you Santa's in the South Bay that want to ride in a sleigh need to get your tickets now... We will have multiple Sleighs but unless Santa knows how many other Santa's are coming the elves may not be able to procure another sleigh... Santa will be shutting down his Rein-dondo ticket booth Friday afternoon... Get 'em early so we leave no Santa behind...
Any Santa showing up and trying to get on a Sleigh without a passport will be left a Sad Santa at the North Pole...
Santa wanted to make sure he was extra special clear about the sleigh passes. Sleigh passes will use buses, similar to what Santa has used in the past. This particular sleigh route will begin and end in the Hermosa and/or Redondo beach area. From the start/end location, Santa will ride his sleigh in comfort to various places around the city, meeting up with other Santas, eventually ending back at his starting point.
If you were planning on going on the Red or Gold Metro routes, you DO NOT need a sleigh pass.