Film is a medium where you can show a vision in the present tense. I began using short film medium in 2011 to produce design futures based on my academic research in the Future of Transactions. I also produce short documentaries about important Internet technology. Check out my Vimeo profile.
Most recently, I completed a series of films documenting over 10 years of work on open Internet Identity standards and protocols, through the Internet Identity Workshop.
IIW Documentaries, 2016
- What is IIW?
An introduction to the Internet Identity Workshop - the most important technical conference for identity experts.
- The Backbone of Open Internet Identity - OpenID Foundation
- The Importance of User Managed Access (UMA)
- Covisint and the Internet of Things
Future Film Scenarios
- Fly Me to the Moon aka Dinner with Friends, 2011 - Link
- Slices of Life, October 2012 - Link
- Flowers for Grandma, shot in 2011, November 2012 - Link
- The Startup Competition, A Mini-Doc, February 2012 - Link
- Digital Asset Grid: A Documentary, October 2012 - Link
Fly Me to the Moon
Four Friends pay for dinner in the future using integrated mobile payments, credit cards, private coins and corporate space currency; while their waiter is saving/earning enough space currency to win a sub-orbit space trip.
The Digital Asset Grid: A Documentary
A documentary about the Digital Asset Grid, a Research & Development Project from the Innovation Division of Swift. Post about this doc.
Slices of Life
My latest design future, Slices of Life, is about personal data, personal clouds and how we might have our data work for us in the future. The Digital Asset Grid is a new platform to enable safe and secure transfer of personal data assets. With control of personal data assets with the individual.
Flowers for Grandma
A mother and daughter decide to send Grandma flowers using a concept called Intentcasting. Post about this short.