What a watershed year! Pivotal. My 2011 Mindmap of goals was packed, and yet, I did not fail to deliver. After 2010 - the year I did too much, I wanted to relax things but still kick ass. My themes were: Relaxed Awesome, Weaving the Threads and Return to the Path with Heart. I most certainly "succeeded" at all three.
- Grad School: Hit the books big time with my Future of Transactions Research, on track to graduate at the end of the year until the dream job put grad school on hold... ;)
- The Conference Circuit: Spoke at SXSW, Future of Money, WFS Austin, Web 2.0, WFSummit Vancouver, Sibos Toronto, Compass, Mindshare & APF Virtual Gathering; Attended TedxCalTech, PayPal Developer's Conference, Internet Identity Workshop (A & B)
- Awards! Honorable Mention for the Value Exchange, Fly Me to the Moon nominated for Most Important Futures Work
- Scholarships! Kay Hamilton Future Studies, PEO ELF Award
- Produced two Films: Fly Me to the Moon and Flowers for Grandma (post-production)
- Became Bi-Coastal: Boy, did New York really get under my skin, but she had to bring out the big guns to do it.
- Found my Dream Job: Who knew it existed? (Actually, I did.)
- The Usual Cacophony in March, June, August and December: Brides, Caveman, bi-coastal Santarchy and a surprising wolf pack in upper Manhattan.
- Tons of great times/re-connections with friends from my early SF Intervista/Cacophony days in SF, NY and Portland.
- Despite family death and illnesses (cancer, knee surgery, brain tumor), I have the best relationships with my family I've ever had. Spent tons of time and holidays with my family, including my first fly fishing trip with Dad. Became an aunt for the second time.
- Travel! Hawaii, SF (3x), Montana, Colorado, Belgium (2x), Black Rock City, London, Toronto, Vancouver, New York City (5x), Austin, Houston, Salton Sea, Mountain View, Mammoth, Palos Verde, Portland and always to return to my City of Angels.
- Barcamp LA Returns! After a two year hiatus, I was part of the team that brought it back.
- Writing: Completed two scripts, although I didn't do as much Sci-Fi story writing as I wanted...
My focus for 2012 was going to be "the Return of the H-bomb." (H-Bomb is one of my nicknames, mostly used in 2005-8, my kick ass years.) But after reviewing this year, I think the H-bomb is back in full force.
So 2012... is the year of living the future in present tense, with all my ass kicking warrior rockstar dreaming manifesting magic. Take my hand, there is plenty of space to dance here in the eye of the tornado...