Monday, Feb 28th, I had the great opportunity to share a first look at the results of my Future of Transactions Research at the Future of Money Conference. My presentation shared the results of my research (survey and individual interviews) providing the answers to:
- What are people using today to make transactions on and offline?
- How are people using Alternate Currencies (game, reward/frequent flyer miles, wuffie)?
- How people are using mobile payment technologies?
- How are people participating in alternate economies (barter, gift, favor, etc)?
- What are the most frequent methods of transactions used?
- What payment options are the most controversal?
- Why time banks may become important?
- Introduction of Three Invisible Trends that I believe will have a bigger impact on the Future of Transactions than the technology innovations.
- Future Visions: How these trends could manifest in the future?
- What you can do with this information today.
If you were unable to attend or missed it, you can purchase the presentation with detailed notes and 1 hour of my time. Very shortly I will have this research available in a report form. If you are interested in the report, please email me.
If you have a group, community or conference that is intersted in these trends, I would be happy to come speak to you and share my results. Please contact me to arrange.
It is my intention to make these results as widely available as possible, while supporting the additional research plans. If you are a company working in this space or a thought leader, I would very much like to speak with you to include you in my next round of research. Please get in touch!
I want to extend a big Thank You to Brian Zisk for giving me the opportunity to share this research at his conference. It is up to us to use it to create the future!