I've been added as a last minute speaker for Web2.0 Expo in San Francisco next Wednesday, March 30 at 1:15pm. I will be sharing my research results on Trends Shaping the Future of Transactions.
What does the future of transactions look like? Researcher Heather Schlegel has fresh data on the future of currency and alternate transactions. In this session, she’ll share her findings, including current behaviors around transactions, emerging payment options and three invisible cultural trends that will shape our transactions. Among the critical questions she’ll answer:
- What are people using today to make transactions on and offline?
- How are people using alternate currencies (game, reward/frequent flyer miles, wuffie)?
- How people are using mobile payment technologies?
- How are people participating in alternate economies (barter, gift, favor, etc)?
- What are the most frequent methods of transactions used?
- What payment options are the most controversial?
- How will these trends manifest in the future?
- What you can do with this information today?
If you plan to attend Web 2.0 and are interested in the Future of Alternate Currencies and Transactions, you won't want to miss my talk. Please come by!