A LOT happened for me in 2010. Looking back in retrospect, it was a year I did too much - and my nerves really frayed. (One thing I learned about nerve fraying situations - if you have a team that you trust, that works together and believes in you/each other, things DO work out.)
- Started my advance degree in Strategic Foresight. Gave up my weekends and social life for studying, research and writing papers. The work paid off as I got A's.
- Became absolutely crazy working full-time at financially constrained, geographically dispersed startup. Course, I did take on Eng Mgr roles and 8 product release - including (depressingly enough) some of my best work that will never see the light of day.
- Broke radio silence on my thoughts about identity co-creation and technology at H+.
- Became surprisingly obsessed with what started as a flippant research exercise and turned into The Future of Transactions report (forthcoming).
- Published my dusty manuscript, How to Get Your Heart's Desire in Six Steps - and showed it off at the WeHo Book Fair (in 110+ degree heat). Also built and launched this website in a weekend.
- Revised and launched Purple Tornado's fun website. (Course, now I want to redesign the thing over again.)
- Did more than dip my toe in the futurist water by attending the yearly APF gathering, twitter chats and completing a Certificate in Strategic Foresight.
- Sam and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary, 3 of those with pup.
- I channeled my inner Victor Frankenstein raising the Cacophony Society with several events: Brides of March, Caveman Picnic, Xmas in July, the Zombie Marathon Stop and Santacon - which was the largest, most headachey and memorable one.
Moving into 2011, I am holding the concept of "Relaxed Awesome."