Folks always get antsy about Santacon before it happens, because most people like to know what is happening before they do it. But sometimes you gotta trust that something good is going to happen. Take this year's LASantacon. Highlights included:
- Santa's rolling down the hill at the TarPits and hanging with the Giant Sloths (still one of my favorite LA spots)
- Not getting kicked out of the Grove - Not sure how that didn't happen (but more than that, the looks on people's faces as we walked through the grove)
- Snowball fight
- Giant Twister (that I personally made the night before, inspired by the guy who made the SF Twister board).
- Limbo-dancing under a candy cane
- Secret Exodus and landing on Melrose
- Taking over the Top Floor @ The Formosa
- and other things Santa doesn't like to say on blogs.
Everywhere we went people's faces lit up. Children were delighted - especially the ones who joined in on the snowball fight. I only wish we had been able to walk back on Hollywood Blvd - because there were some prime interaction opportunities. The word from Santa is that 2007 was Best. Santacon. Ever. I'm so proud I could help make it happen.
I'm the one with the megaphone. ;) ps. see ya in SF next weekend.
*photo by Kmo of me and Cameron.