It's this time of year when I revisit my 2006 goal and see how I did. And more importantly, decide my goals for 2007. I'll say it up front - 2006 is a hard year to follow. My goal was to kick ass in 2006. It was a vague goal on purpose. And Here's my list of ass kicking items.
- I threw a kick ass birthday party.
- I did some tagging.
- I launched the Daily Mantra blog (and added 5 authors)
- I moved in with the boyfriend, and moved out of the future.
- I brought Streetwars to LA.
- I made a bunch of custom cowbells for my friends.
- I did lots of desert camping (Joshua Tree, Death Valley and my old friend the Mojave)
- I attended Barcamp LA in March, and then coordinated the one in November.
- I launched the LA Geek dinners and continue to coordinate them.
- I learned to pole dance, and I won second place in a competition.
- I got to wield a flamethrower and play with a brick of magnesium.
- I presented a workshop on blogging at BlogHer.
- I kept making my living working on cool projects with good people.
- I kept my blogging up at blogging.la.
- I choreographed and performed a club dance show @ BootieLA.
- I started The Purple Tornado.
- I sold my car, my bike, my truck and got Ingemar.
- Having the most kick ass 3 day party with so many of my friends the last 3 days of the year. Baking 4 cakes. Winning Iron Chef. Giving my heart's desire workshop. Spending time watching the gorgeous ocean and watching the moon.
I've met lots of amazing people. I've been able to collaborate with many of them on projects. Yes, 2006 was the year of kicking ass. I can look back and see everything I've done. That's a long list. That's a lot of ass kicking. So how do I expect 2007 to even compete? Easy. 2007 not about kicking ass. 2007 is the Jesus Year, double triangle, whatever I make that mean. And that is the final item to kick ass on this year.